In 2011 we decided to take a trip to America, the land of the free. First, the perfect date was chosen and the vacation had to be reported to the company as well. We decided to plan the trip for October.
What had to be done next?
- Booking the flight
- car agency
America the Land of the free – we are coming
Booking the flight. We compared airlines on the Internet and then decided on KLM. Since this airline was the cheapest and we only had one stopover. What is so special about KLM?
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the flag carrier airline of the Netherlands. KLM is headquartered in Amstelveen, with its hub at nearby Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. It is part of the Air France–KLM group and a member of the SkyTeam airline alliance. Founded in 1919, KLM is the oldest operating airline in the world and has 35,488 employees with a fleet of 110 (excluding subsidiaries) as of 2021. KLM operates scheduled passenger and cargo services to 145 destinations. [sources Wikipedia]
What else KLM has to offer?
- Arrange your transport to and from the airport
- Book your accommodation and earn Miles
- Rent a car at a favorable price
- Book the best activities at your destination
What else KLM has to offer
Austin to Amsterdam from USD 823.
Visit the world-famous 17th-century capital of Holland. Enjoy the historical buildings, wonderful museums, and the cozy atmosphere. Take a canal cruise, stroll through Vondelpark, and shop in the old city centre. Amsterdam is truly unique!
Soul food, French or international? Amsterdam has several starred restaurants, but also nice bistros and street cafes. Take a cruise on the Pannenkoekenboot (pancake boat), enjoy a vegan snack, or pull a traditional Dutch frikandel (fried hash roll) from the Febo machine. Where do you eat in Amsterdam? This city really has it all!
Limited-Time online offer: 70,000 Bonus Miles plus up to 100 XP!
Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles plus qualify for a bonus of 40 XP
Simply make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.
Plus get a welcome bonus of 60 XP upon approval!
Get a response in about 30 seconds and, if approved and activated with an account number, use your new card to book your flight today.
Low annual fee of $89†
Book your Hotel in America the Land of the free
After booking the Flight now it is time for the Stay. Which hotel is cheap and also has good feedback from Tourists? Best Western.
- Rocky Mountain Region: Experience the majestic frontier of the Rocky Mountain Region. Breathe the fresh mountain air with year-round activities of all kinds. See why these destinations rank on top travel lists for tourists and recreational enthusiasts all over the globe. Visit these featured destinations from Colorado Springs, Co to Moab, UT. Find your Hotel.
- West & Southwest: Discover striking landscapes in the West & Southwest. Visitors can find everything from soaring mountain ranges, white sand dunes, the surf and sands of the California coastline, and some of the most popular national parks. See hotel deals in this region: San Diego, CA from $111, Santa Barbara, CA from $ 179.
- Pacific Northwest: The Pacific Northwest is where you’ll find endless possibilities of outdoor recreation, fine wineries, flavorful food, and authentic shopping. Hike along a trail of multiple waterfalls or enjoy a sunset on the river. Take a look at current deals of the following destinations in this region: Seaside, OR from $110
Part of the Appalachian Mountain Range, the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is the most visited national park in the United States. Visitors can traverse over 300 miles of maintained roads to explore and view the animals, reptiles, and hardwood forests that call this region home.
Cades Cove is one of the most popular destinations, where visitors can explore a beautiful collection of historic structures, including houses, barns, churches, and grist mills. Whether you are driving or hiking, keep your eyes out for the 65 species of mammals living in the park, including the symbol of the park, the black bear.
Designated as the very first national park by President Theodore Roosevelt, Yellowstone National Park draws millions of visitors annually to view the amazing wildlife and geothermal wonders. Travel the famed loop with frequent stops to photograph the 67 species of mammals including bears, elk, bison, and wolves that call the park home.
Just to the south, the Teton Range watches over Yellowstone. Named for the tallest peak, the Grand Teton Park welcomes visitors to explore almost 200 miles of hiking trails, or to cast a line in the Snake River, some of the most famous spots for trout fishing.
Our trip took us from Washington D.C. straight to Atlanta where we stayed for about 7 days. We had a rental car so we could drive around, visit friends, and do some sightseeing.
America is always worth to be visited. Just make sure you plan everything ahead and find the best offers. For me, I would always book again with KLM and one of the Best Western Hotels.