One of the most visited Platforms is Udemy. But what makes this platform so special? Udemy is an online course platform with 185,000 courses and 49 million participants where you can take courses or offer courses as an instructor. But how good are their Courses? Some instructors have tens of thousands of users and excellent reviews. Direct teaching style: According to many users, a quick start is better than long lectures on the basics. Of course, that depends on the learning goal. Preview: The lecturer’s presentation style can be checked in test videos.
What is Udemy and how does it differ?
Udemy aims to be the online course platform where you can learn just about anything. There are more than 100,000 courses on Udemy. Some are about professional skills and some are about hobbies (even things like playing certain video games). Businesses can give employees access to Udemy’s most popular courses, encouraging them to continue their education. Even huge companies like Adidas, Pinterest, and Eventbrite have already taken advantage of the offer.
You can search for courses by keywords. Alternatively, you can browse the categories. Each main category (for example, design, finance, photography, health, fitness, and so on) is divided into several subcategories. Each category page provides a mix of hot and popular courses for you to choose from.
Most courses cost between $25 and $200 if you buy them at full price. But often there are discounts or if you have a voucher, you can even participate for free. Do you want to study with a special offer? There are always some discounts on Udemy. But they depend on the course you are interested in. Ultimately, it depends on the creator of the course whether there is a discount or not.
Do Udemy courses have a money-back guarantee?
One of the biggest advantages of buying a course from Udemy is the 30-day money-back guarantee. After 30 days there is no refund. However, there are a few rules to protect the system from abuse. If you download all course content, there may not be a refund. If you often have the costs of courses reimbursed, your account may even be blocked.
Requesting a refund, on the other hand, is pretty easy. If you are enrolled in a course that you have purchased, you can simply select the refund option from the drop-down list that you will find in the top right-hand corner.
My Experience with the Platform
As you can see here, I bought a lot of courses over a period of 4 years. I started with Blender, a software for 3D projects. Of course, I always bought the courses when they were offered at a discount. Now you’re probably wondering why I have so many courses? I made the mistake of buying several when they were on sale. At the time I thought the offers weren’t that common and I had to grab them right away. And over time I became really addicted to these courses. Yes, you can get hooked. You just can’t get enough of it.
After Blender, I just wanted to learn something new and maybe build a second income source. Or an additional income in retirement. So I specialized in web development and game development. I have found very good teachers here on Udemy who explain everything to the last detail. You just can’t compare it to YouTube tutorials. On YouTube, explanations are usually only superficial and not detailed.
Which instructor would I recommend?
- Become a Material Guru in Blender(Joakim Tornhill): The course touches on all aspects of Material and has tons of examples that you will be able to use in your daily work even after you have ended the course.
- Blender Design & Render a Stylized Water Scene(3D Tutor): It will be one of the few 3D modeling courses that will show you how to create trees, plants, and foliage. As with all other course assets, this course’s flora will be perfectly suited for any tropical environment.
- Complete Blender Creator: Learn 3D Modelling for Beginners(GameDev.tv Team): If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the modeling fundamentals you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you modeling and design principles.
- Creating a 3D environment in Blender(Rob Tuytel): For centuries, making environments has been something that many artists do to impress other people. This course reveals some fundamental lessons from the old painting masters. Use the course to get the max out Blender and learn to create high-quality 3D environments.
- Learn 3D Animation – The Ultimate NEW BLENDER 2.8 Course A-Z(Alex Cordebard): Have you ever wanted to learn 3D and create some awesome animations? Blender 2.8 is out! And with its release, a lot has changed! This NEW course will guide you through the A-Z’s of creating some awesome animations using the new Blender 2.8 with BRAND NEW projects and animations!
Learning WebDevelopment & Webdesign with Udemy
Learning Web Development can be as easy as anything else you are learning in your life. I was intrigued from the beginning and really wanted to learn HTML & CSS and create a website. I found some instructors and courses on Udemy and started learning to code. If you are not sure if the course is the right one for you, watch the free videos first. They can give you a foretaste of what to expect. Not all courses are recommended and sometimes the feedback from other users helps.
Watch out on Udemy for not buying outdated courses. How do I know if the instructor is keeping their courses up to date? Well, by checking if they are using the newer software versions (Bootstrap 5, Blender 3.0 and up, Unity 2021 and up). Or see the feedback of users.
- Tailwind CSS From Scratch | Learn by building Projects(Brad Traversy): A course for you if you want to learn Tailwind.
You can’t go wrong with courses from these instructors. Everything is explained down to the smallest detail and if you ever need help, you can ask your question in Q&A.
Udemy has enriched my life. I never thought that I could still be so enthusiastic about learning. Especially at my age. Udemy doesn’t tell me when to finish a course. I alone decide my pace. You will be awarded a certificate at the end of each course. It may not help you land your dream job, but completing a course is still a motivation. I have learned a lot with Udemy courses and can also use my knowledge in everyday life. If you want to make a change or just expand your knowledge, grab a course from Udemy for a reduced price and start today.